This week, JP gives a report about a book he's been reading — "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success" by Carol S. Dweck. I guess if it ever gets adapted into a movie, the whole thing is a spoiler!
We talk about growth mindset versus fixed mindset. We talk about our quirks, and how difficult it is for us to multitask especially with different audio sources, and how our attention works.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success: Carol S. Dweck — JP gives a book report about this book and Steve's got a lot of questions. Spoiler: He definitely read it.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: Betty Edwards — It's not that you can't draw, it's that you can't see things the way other people who can draw see them.
- Gunnar Anderson — The weightlifter we talk about who was born with only one pec.
- Rigging the Game: How Inequality Is Reproduced in Everyday Life — A great read that tracks inequality from its roots to its regulation.
- Edison's Lightbulb | The Franklin Institute